Technical SEO Specialist – Lancaster
Salary negotiable depending upon experience + great benefits
We are a full service media agency based in an attic in the heart of Lancaster on Common Garden Street, within walking distance of the bus and train stations. We are a small team and we work collaboratively together on almost everything.
We really care about creating long lasting and profitable relationships with our clients. We do that by never overpromising and by only selling them services that they actually need, as well as always trying to pay meticulous attention to detail and being open and honest.
We need a technical SEO Specialist to join our small team. The position will involve working across a diverse range of clients, and you’ll be involved in various website projects that we undertake and ongoing delivery of impressive results. Ultimately, you’ll be responsible for ensuring that websites produced “go live” with SEO best practices in place and continue to work on regular SEO development for our clients.
You’ll be a key person within the company for SEO advice, and part of the position will be to promote the benefits of organic search internally. Strong Google Analytics and Tag Manager skills are essential, and you’ll be comfortable assisting Account Managers compile performance reports and identify key statistics and opportunities for clients including analysing analytics.
You will thrive on proactively staying on top of the latest SEO and digital news, trends and best practices, and have an in-depth understanding of the latest algorithm updates across the major search engines.
Most importantly you’ll enjoy working in a small, creative team, you’ll be comfortable talking to clients in the kind of language that they understand, and you’ll be down to earth enough to be happy to roll your sleeves up and help get things done even if it’s not strictly part of your job spec.
Role & Responsibilities
- Site auditing – Identifying potentially problematic technical issues on our clients’ websites, (e.g. crawl errors, broken links and pages, site speed, mobile usability) and working with internal development teams to fix them.
- Onsite SEO – Optimising new websites in preparation for going live, including carrying out keyword research, creation/optimisation of meta tags, site content, and URL structures, working with your colleagues on site architectures, development of website migration plans etc.
- Campaign analysis – Using Google Analytics and other tools to identify user-engagement trends and to compile recommendations for performance improvements. Analysing competitor activity, backlink profiles and industry trends using various tools in order to identify and exploit positive opportunities.
- Reporting – Provide bespoke performance reports for clients using Google Analytics and other tools.
- Training – Provide SEO and/or Google Analytics training to clients and internal teams as and when required.
Technical Skills & Experience
- Previous experience for a minimum of 3 years working in an SEO / technical strategy role and looking for that next career step.
- Possesses strong website analysis skills, and able to confidently interpret data provided on tools such as Google Analytics.
- Comfortable using popular SEO and keyword research tools such as Search Metrics, SEM Rush, Majestic, Open Site Explorer, Google Keyword Planner etc.
- Google Certifications in Analytics and AdWords preferred but not essential.
- A personable, confident communicator, comfortable working with internal customers, as well as facing clients for meetings, training sessions or new business pitches is really important to us.
- We want people who embody our values; to be honest, down to earth, hard-working, willing to learn and authentic as well as possessing that all-important good sense of humour.
- This role is an exciting position with real scope for a solid future working in a great company with talented people. You must possess a can-do attitude and deliver that attitude consistently. Our approach to business and colleagues is unique in Lancaster.
To apply for this position please write us a great covering letter telling us all about you, why you’d suit the role and why you might want to work with us, and forward your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We don’t have any other vacancies at the moment, but we love to see great talent so if you would like to shout about how fantastic you are and why we just won’t be able to resist finding you a place with us, then drop us a line with your CV. Make sure it’s special though and mention what benefits you would bring to our exciting business and brilliant customers.